Chronic back pain can ruin a person’s lifestyle. Someone who was once active may be forced into more sedentary activities. In addition to the physical challenges of back pain, there are also psychological ones. The sad reality is that countless residents in Clemmons are unsure of what to do for their pain. Instead of relying on addictive opioids and over-the-counter medications, consider the following the following strategies to relieve pain:
- Adjust your workstation – Corporate America is flooded with employees who spend their days hunched over computers. If you don’t have proper ergonomics at work, you may be doing damage to your back, neck, and shoulders. Ideally, you should position your screen at least 20 inches from your face. A comfortable chair with armrests ensures lower back support. In addition, keep your head and neck in line with your torso and shoulders relaxed. As much as possible, keep elbows close to your body and forearms/wrists parallel to the floor.
- Lose weight – Those extra pounds you’re carrying also means extra strain on your back. Take steps to shed excess weight by exercising more and cutting calories from your diet.
- Exercise – When you’re dealing with shooting, sometimes excruciating pain, the last thing you want to do is push yourself with exercise. Chiropractors have found, however, that moderate exercise can help reduce back pain. Whether it’s taking long walks, swimming laps, or going to yoga classes, low-impact exercise can be an effective back pain treatment.
- Change the way you sleep – We work hard to maintain good posture throughout the day. We forget, though, that the position in which we sleep can also play a role in back health. If you don’t already, try sleeping on your side with knees slightly bent. Use a small pillow under your neck for support. These slight tweaks will keep your spine in alignment.
- Try herbal remedies – Are you looking for an alternative to OTC pain medications? If so, herbal remedies are definitely worth a shot. Ginger, for example, helps reduce inflammation associated with back pain specifically.
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
At Williams Chiropractic, we strive to provide patients with the most up-to-date and technologically advanced chiropractic care. Our experienced back pain specialist treats everything from lower back pain and neck pain to sciatica and herniated discs. Patients often ask what makes us Clemmons’ Best Chiropractor the last few years. To start, we are one of just a few chiropractic clinics to have the Pro Adjuster and DRX-9000. Both have proven over and over again to relieve chronic, debilitating back pain.
As much as we use technology in our day-to-day lives, wouldn’t it make sense to do the same with our health? The breakthrough technology at Williams Chiropractic is an absolute game-changer. That’s not the only thing to look forward to at our wellness clinic, though. We are staffed with elite chiropractors and a friendly staff. When coupled with the technology, patients are able to receive long-lasting treatment for back pain.
Don’t let your back pain define who you are any longer. Instead, get natural back pain relief at Williams Chiropractic. Call now to schedule your appointment.